PhD Fellowship: ISGlobal, Universitat de Barcelona
Employer: ISGlobal, Universitat de Barcelona
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Deadline: April 5, 2015
Euroleish.net, a Marie Sklodowska-Curie – Innovative Training Network, is offering a PhD Fellowship for the project: Economic Evaluation of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) for the Development of Drugs and Diagnostic Tools for Leishmaniasis and Other Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and Private Business Impact.
Hosting Institution: Barcelona Centre for International Health Research- ISGlobal
Principal Supervisor: Dr. Elisa Sicuri
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute & Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics – FIND (Switzerland)
Objectives: To evaluate the cost effectiveness of Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) for the development of drugs and diagnostics for leishmaniasis and other NTDs from the public health perspective and the market/business impact.
- Conduct a review of the literature on PPPs for the development of drugs and diagnostics for neglected tropical diseases
- Estimate of the market/business and welfare impacts of PPPs for NTDs
- Conduct a cost-effectiveness analysis comparing PPPs and standard market procedure for the development of drugs and diagnostic tools for leishmaniasis and other NTDs
- Prepare manuscripts for the publication in peer reviewed journals and prepare the PhD thesis
Background: Master of Science in economics/health economics
Experience: candidates must be in the first four years of their research career and not yet have a doctoral degree.
Mobility: candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 1st July 2015.
- English proficiency (oral and written)
- Availability to join the CRESIB/ISGlobal on the 1st July 2015.
- Fulfil academic requirements to enrol the PhD programme in International Health at University of
- Barcelona on the 1st July 2015 (see details here). Note: To get enrolled at the PhD programmes, the
- Spanish universities require an MSc degree in related topics to the field of the thesis for all science graduated students, except for those owning a degree on Pharmacy, Medicine or Veterinary Science.
- Network Mobility: willing to spend a significant amount of time (minimum 6 months) in Partner institutions when required.
- Enthusiastic student with high interest in the economics of poverty related diseases
- Has very good quantitative and analytic skills
- Able to work both independently and in team
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a plus
Regards #SKMbersatuhappy wheels