Lowongan Kerja Sarjana Kesehatan Masyarakat (SKM) sebagai Humanitarian Coordinator di Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik – Save The Children. Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik partner of Save the Children in Indonesia is changing for the better. We’ve begun to build a national organisation that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia namely Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik Tunas Cilik. To this end, Yayasan has been designated as a “Prospect Member of Save the Children” which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle income countries. Currently Save the Children’s programs in Indonesia is implemented by Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik. We work in eleven provinces, have staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response. We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
1 position, based in Jakarta
Code : HC-CO
Under the supervision of the Humanitarian Manager, contribute to ensure immediate and appropriate response to children’s needs during humanitarian crises through revision and development of Emergency Preparedness Plan at country level and field level and establishment and building capacity of Emergency Response Team at country level. Contribute to ensure that YSTC-Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, and complies with all relevant policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety.
Under the supervision of the Humanitarian Manager and Program Implementation Director or equivalent, contribute to revision and development Emergency Preparedness Plan and Humanitarian Strategy, building capacity of staff and Emergency Response Team, initial assessment and implementation of emergency response when disaster strike place in Indonesia, participate for coordination meetings at field and national level and contribute to development of proposals for preparedness and response.
Reports to: Humanitarian Manager
Dimensions : YSTC-Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik partner of Save the Children works in at least 12 provinces in Indonesia with a current staff complement of approximately 400 staff. The position will be based in Jakarta with travelling to sub offices. The successful candidate should be able to work independently with limited supervision by Humanitarian Manager. S/he has to be able to develop productive working relationships with other programs and relevant stakeholders.
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Development of Emergency Response Team
- Contribute to design a simulation and training plan to enhance capacity of Emergency Response Team.
- Organize capacity building for Emergency Response Team and relevant staff
- Work with the Humanitarian Manager, Program Managers and other relevant programs and departments in YSTC to develop and roll out the Emergency Preparedness Plan for Country Office and field offices, and to help building capacity of Emergency Response Team in Country Office.
- Together with Humanitarian Manager to develop Early Warning System and other mechanism related to Essential Standard of Humanitarian Department.
- Collect information related to Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP), and Humanitarian Strategy and get inputs related to EPP,
- Facilitate other related departments and field offices to fulfil their responsibilities for development and finalization Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Ensure that the revised Emergency Preparedness Plan is in compliance with all relevant policies and procedures of YSTC , e.g. child rights and safeguarding,
- Provide logistical support for the organization of meetings, workshops and events towards the above objectives
- In case of an emergency, support the response as directed by the Humanitarian Manager and PID.
- Ensure rapid humanitarian multi-sector integrated assessments are undertaken as necessary to continue to inform the implementation of the humanitarian response strategy
- Contribute to the expansion of the programming portfolio through capacity building of field staff, development of partnerships and networks, as well as development of new funding opportunities
Monitoring and reporting
- Ensure that program objectives and activities are agreed upon within the context of Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik partner of Save the Children values, aims and objectives
- Ensure production and timely dissemination of high quality, analytical reports, supply of regular situation reports, and collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant information and data relevant to Emergency Preparedness Plan and DRR activities.
- Evaluate, monitor and review to ensure strict compliance of program activities with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik and Save the Children’s global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, SPHERE guidelines and the NGO code of conduct.
Representation, communication & relationship building
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs
- Take minutes and participate representing Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik on national forums, workshops, and meetings regarding humanitarian, Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Risk Reduction issues as directed by the humanitarian manager.
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of strong working relationships with local communities, community based organizations and other local authorities as appropriate.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik – Partner of Save the Children’s values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik – Partner of Save the Children’s, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Recommended minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian preparedness and response in a number of fragile or complex contexts
- Recommended minimum of three years’ experience in disaster risk reduction programming
- Ample knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as other development concepts and frameworks
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sector humanitarian response,
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Knowledge of practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Competency in local language
- Commitment to values of organization.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik – partner of Save the Children Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik – Partner of Save the Children’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Information for internal candidates only:
- Current Save the Children employees must serve for a minimum of one year in their current job before applying for a new position.
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <HC-CO ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 17 July 2018
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abusehappy wheels