Scope of Work
Title : Project Officer
Project : ARCH project -evidence based IYCF program
Location : Jakarta based, with frequent travels to Bandung and other necessary area.
Period : 1 year, starting 1 December 2016, with possibility for extension
Reports to : ARCH Country Coordinator
Project Overview: Helen Keller International is implementing the ARCH Project – evidence based IYCF programs. ARCH intends to gather information on the promotion of foods consumed by infants and young children in Indonesia, following the successful implementation in four countries: Cambodia, Nepal, Senegal and Tanzania. All activities will be undertaken within the context of promoting and protecting optimal breastfeeding practices according to the recommendations of WHO and UNICEF.
As part of ARCH, study among mothers of children younger than 24 months of age will be conducted in Bandung City, one of the most populated city in Indonesia, to assess promotion practices occurring within maternity and child health centers related to breastfeeding and foods consumed by young children.
Helen Keller International (HKI) Indonesia seeks someone, along with ARCH Country Coordinator, to ensure the project runs as planned.
Scope of Work:
A. ARCH CAREGIVER STUDY
1) Preparations for the study
– Support adaptation of local proposal, based on global proposal created by ARCH research team,
including translation of proposal, protocol and relevant instruments of the assessment.
– Liaise with the necessary counter parts to prepare data collection
– Support IRB/ethical clearance process
– Prepare procurement process for data collection
– Manage pre-testing process
2) Implementation of study
– Participate in training for use of ONA software for interview and data management
– Support recruitment process of enumerators
– Manage enumerators training
– Organize preparation for data collection with sampled maternity/health centers
– Manage administrative and procurement process necessary for data collection
– Supervise quality control of data collection
3) Data management
– Along Senior M&E Coordinator, supervise completeness of data obtained and entered as well as
checks on data errors
– Ensure uploading of cleaned dataset to ARCH research team
B. ARCH POINT-OF-SALE & LABELLING STUDY
– Support technical preparation of point-of-sale study including listing site, products inventory,
and related procurement.
– Assist tool adaptation and finalization for field use.
– Participate in training and data collection.
– Support data management
C. OTHER ARCH RELATED ACTIVITIES
– Manage administrative preparation of meetings/workshops and participation in events.
– Manage administrative and procurement related matters for ARCH activities
– Support Communication Officer in documenting ARCH and maintain ARCH visibility.
– Represent HKI/ARCH in meetings/events with national and sub-national stakeholders
– Assist ARCH Country Coordinator with other duties as needed.
· Experience in research on nutrition, public health or related field. Master’s degree and years of related experience in the field are highly appreciated.
· Technical knowledge in areas related to breastfeeding, complementary feeding and nutrition
· Demonstrated experience and skills in project management and research, specifically research design development and managing data collection.
Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team as well as maintain good communication with counterparts.
Capacity to be self-reliant, results oriented, and manage multiple deadlines but flexible and procative.
Flexibility to work in a field setting for up to 1 month and ability to travel across metropolitan area.
Ability to travel domestically on short notice.
Strong communication skills, including oral and written English.
Computer literate in use of word-processing, spreadsheet and statistical software; experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation is highly desirable.
People with disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply. Please email your curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter (in English) to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org by 16 October at 05.00 PM (Jakarta-time).