ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in Aceh province, then in early 2008, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province to implement water and sanitation project, which was followed by emergency and early recovery project after the 7.3 SR earthquake hit the province in 2009. Three years before in 2006, IR also open its office in NTB province to address poverty alleviation programme. Starting from 2013, the operation of IR in Indonesia focuses in NTB and Aceh province. The purpose of IR Indonesia Program is to support the Government of Indonesia in alleviating poverty and the suffering through WASH, health and nutrition, education, shelter, livelihood, and orphans support. As an international humanitarian organization, IR is building its organizational capacity as the first responder to medium to large emergency in the country and is combined with stakeholders’ resilience building activity against disaster, climate change and complex challenges of sustainable development goals.
Post holder reports to Child Welfare Senior Officer
CWO reaches out to the neediest children families within the designated program area and implements different child welfare activities building on IR core child focused activity of one to one orphan sponsorship in an integrated way that leads to sustainable community development
Description of duties:
- Assists in developing and running of Islamic Relief one to one orphan sponsorship program as per its implementation strategy set out in the Orphan Policy and Procedure
- Prepares the community situational report and the individual situational reports of the needy children of the targeted community focusing on their health, education, shelter, emotional and other basic needs
- Select children from the poorest families and upload their bio-data for one to one sponsorship
- Form cooperatives of the guardians of the orphan families and attend their meetings. Document and report the issues discussed in the meetings to your line manager.
- Devise short project, training or mutual help activity based on the issues specific to each Orphans Guardians Cooperative
- Periodically monitor the progress achieved against the community and children individual profiles. Do the analysis of the old and new reports and take necessary actions (continuation of sponsorship or cancelation)
- Upload annual progress reports of the sponsored orphans
- Maintain close coordination with Child Welfare Department in IRHQ and meet the entire communication requirement for the smooth running of the activities.
- Establish and maintain Network and coordination with other organizations working for women and children
- Attend child protection cluster meetings or other such forums in sub national/ field office or national level as directed by the Senior Officer
- Look for child issues i.e. child abuse, street children, child trafficking etc and report to the line manager.
- Assist the line manager in developing project proposals that caters to the needs of the child issues.
- Maintain record of the child welfare activities i.e. individual orphans personal files each comprising of field visit reports, bio-data, date of birth certificates, death certificates, drawing, correspondence between orphan and the donor, TOR, etc.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all electronic and hard data of orphans including their pictures and pictures of other family members.
- Maintain record of pictures of each sponsored orphan in chronological order and use these pictures for the purpose of that orphan’s bio-data, progress reports and case studies.
- Undertake any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication and presentation in Bahasa Indonesia
- Able to fluently interact with children and family
- Good Communication skill in English Language (writing and speaking)
- Flexible & Patient
- Able to organize and lead children and community meeting
- Good Listening and speaking in local language
- Good skill of motor bike riding and have a valid motorbike driving license
- Skill related to individual counseling would be an advantage
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
- Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
- Sensitive to local customs
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Willing to spend up to 70% of his/ her time for field visit supervision
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous
- No serious illness
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
- All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
- Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
- Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: 31 August 2017