FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the upcoming USAID/Indonesia BERSAMA Gender-based Violence Eastern Indonesia project. The purpose of this project will be to reduce gender-based violence in targeted districts in Eastern Indonesia by generating demand for more and better services to combat GBV. Illustrative activities could include capacity building of NGOs and women’s groups to better advocate for services; increasing the awareness of the problem of GBV in Eastern Indonesia, and improving the ability of CSOs and legal providers to assist victims of GBV.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide technical leadership to capture program intervention results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis, and develop and implement a learning agenda to inform policy makers and other stakeholders of the lessons learned. This individual shall be responsible for the knowledge management aspect of the project. The M&E Manager will provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for funded programs. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program.
FHI 360 anticipates that the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be based in Jayapura, Papua but with project-funded travel to other parts of Papua and Jakarta, Indonesia. This position is contingent on project funding.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Lead development and dissemination of evidence-based tools, materials, reports, papers, and interventions within the project.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the program M&E system.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Design program learning plan and organize trainings in M&E and program learning goals, objectives, and findings to consortium partners and stakeholders.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing oversight and technical assistance to national partners in designing and implementing evaluation activities for capacity building.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Degree (post-graduate or higher) in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Knowledge of statistical methods required;
- At least – 5-8 years working experience (although ten years is preferred) including:
- Five (5) years prior experience leading monitoring and evaluation research teams in large international programs; and
- Five (5) years prior experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in field-based positions.
- Fluency in Bahasa and English required.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package
. Interested candidates may apply online
through FHI 360’s Career Portal at HERE
. Or submit
CV/resume and cover letter
requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org