Implementation Research on Universal Health Coverage/JKN
(Public Health Division, Center for Health Policy & Management (CHPM), Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada)
The Center for Health Policy and Management or CHPM is a research center under the structure of University of Gadjah Mada Faculty of Medicine. CHPM is the leading institution in the development of the Indonesian Health Policy Network. This network, which currently consists of public health researchers and professionals across Indonesia, has hold strong collaborative research, including JKN monitoring. Since 1998, CHPM has contributed to Indonesia’s health systems improvement by providing evidence-based information to aid decision-making process by policy makers and key stakeholders.
CHPM is currently managing an implementation research on Universal Health Coverage/JKN program, aiming to support policy development for the improvement of the JKN program by collaborating with key national and sub-national stakeholders. The research project will be conducted until mid 2017 and is part of USAID’s Health Finance & Governance project.
The project is looking for a Researcher who will be responsible for assisting research activities embedded within the project. The Researcher will be collaboratively working with the project’s Principal Investigator (PI) and team members based at the Faculty of Medicine of the Gadjah Mada University.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing research project activities
- Literature review and preparation of study instruments
- Arranging data collection activities
- Data analyses and report writing
- Develop networking and communication with stakeholders
Education, experience and technical skills and competencies:
- Master degree in public health; equivalent qualifications will be considered.
- Extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training in an area relevant to the research project
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Undergraduate degree in medicine, nursing, nutrition, economics, or public health.
- Experienced in conducting field studies including primary data collection data analyses
- Experienced in working as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- Able and experienced in conducting literature review on health and quantitative data analysis using statistical package
- High level inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to communicate with high level stakeholders
- An ability to adapt and problem solve issues
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and stay good humored
- Willing to be positioned in Yogyakarta
- Willing to travel to provinces and/or districts for data collection purposes
Please send us your CV, recent photo and evidence of English language proficiency by April 20th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application_Researcher IR UHC_[Your name]”.